Thanks guys. I really like the idea of an AT screen that is ready to go on a pre-fab frame. I'm sure in the end I'll need to shave some money off it for some other expense. So DIY frame likely... After the first blackout cloth screen success from V1.0 this should be OK. I'd be a little paranoid with the XD fabric is all.

Is the black fabric speaker cloth? Flame retardant?

For those squirming with curiosity the retail screen was just under $2500 before tax.

I made it out to Futureshop over lunch to check out the Pioneer SC-85 with Pioneer Elite Atmos enabled speakers in the Demo room. The dolby ATMOS demo disc was kinda cool. I knew the scenes from articles and podcasts so I asked for the leaf scene, the F1 scene and the dolby crystal triangles scene. They were pretty cool and I thought they sounded pretty good, but nothing too crazy. Then it dawned on me....

The receiver had never been firmware updated and I had been watching all the clips in DolbyTrueHD only. (Only, right! :D) Anyway, the salesguy there was pretty stoked we noticed and he is going to have the techs install the firmware tomorrow or Friday. I'll be able to directly compare the ATMOS demo in both standard and Immersive then.

He is also going to have The Expendables 3 on hand for demo material. Should be fun. Finally! I'll have my ATMOS experience.

As a side note the pioneer elites seemed pretty decent in non atmos config.

Last edited by Serenity_Now; 01/07/15 07:32 PM.