Originally Posted By Wid

I haven't used it yet but I did get an Auber PID for a 22.5 Weber Smokey Mountain I just picked up. It's maiden voyage will be this Sunday. Making a couple racks of baby backs.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_27&products_id=396

Ribs are a funny thing.
I love them when they are fall off the bone, but apparently true bbq experts say that they shouldn't be fall off the bone and rightly cannot be unless they are boiled (BIG BBQ SIN).
They are supposed to be cooked tender but should have a bite consistency like a soft steak, so i've read.

Some past occasions i tried to get to this fall off the bone stage and did ribs at 250F for say 3 hours and all that happened was they dried out horribly. I typically have a tray of water in the bbq to add moisture but you have to keep filling up the thing.
So two weekends ago i used a Bobby Flay method from his Food Network show. The ribs were good, not overcooked, but i did take them off 30 min before Bobby's recommended time because the ends were looking horribly dried out (and progressing towards the middle meat). There was tenderness but still kind of rubbery.
I was expecting better results in the tender category.

Ribs seem to be my nemesis!
Brisket and pulled pork, easy IMO.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."