Originally Posted By Andrew
Hey Fred,

How have things been with your pellet smoker? I finally bit the bullet and bought a Louisiana Grills CS-450 as a birthday present to myself.

Still smoking away Andrew. I did a pork tenderloin two days ago. The smoker does a really nice job on grilled vegies as well.

Quote:

... I must say the ease of use and very stable temperature control made this the easiest smoke I had ever experienced. This baby is going to get a lot of use!

Yup. I'm using mine at least twice a week. I've been posting results in the What Yummy Thing thread. I've posted a link there to a smoked lamb recipe that is stunningly good.

I much prefer grilling chicken on the smoker because of the precise temperature control. It also makes for a great outdoor oven on those hot summer nights you want pizza or meatloaf without heating up the whole house.

Does your unit have a second shelf? Very handy if you want to up the quantity (I do smoked salmon for family gatherings).

Looks like you have a decent option for grilling steaks and burgers. That is one thing my smoker does not do well.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!