Originally Posted By fredk
Originally Posted By Wid

A 50 degree temp swing is pretty huge. I can get my Weber smokey Mountain to maintain with only slight temp fluctuations. I doubt it hurts the flavor though.

It is pretty big, but it does not seem to affect cooking times or flavour that I can tell. My times for the various things I've smoked roughly match what others experience for a given temperature.

There is no way I would have spent twice as much or more to try out smoking, so the GMG has worked out very well for me.

Chess, those BGE smokes look good. If I had the money, I'd probably still go for a BGE. Nothing beats it for versatility.

Depends on how long this 50 degree swing is maintained.

The BGE has been excellent but i gotta say there are a few things i would like different.
The Primo grills are oval in shape which in a lot of ways makes way more sense. Aside from burgers, how many things do you put on a round grill that fit really well?
Ribs, brisket, all fit way better on an oval or rectangular setup.

Price is another consideration. The quality is excellent for sure, but i've read many good things about the Big Steel Keg which sells for less.
Accessories could be a bit more reasonably priced as well. I feel like we pay Sony prices for the bbq if anything is stamped BGE on it.
We actually bought the BGE charcoal at the start and decided at $30/bag it was too expensive. The Cdn Tire Royal Oak sucks and is too low quality (lowest priced at $12/bag too).
The Maple Leaf has been our favorite so far but next time i'm going to try out the Weekend Warrior i think.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."