Originally Posted By Wid

I find ribs pretty easy. I normally do baby backs with the 2-2--1 method and spares or St. Louis 3-2-1. Sometimes I spritz some times I don't. If anything I tend to over cook and get fall off the bone ribs. I've found that's what most people love with ribs.

It's funny. When i first started cooking ribs, this is sort of what i did although i don't think i cooked them for that long (maybe 3 hours max with 1 hour smoking, 1 hour covered, and the last hour smoking again).
They did come out fairly well.

Somewhere along the lines we moved away from covering. I think we had an issue where the sugar caramelized and then stuck to the foil and we ended up cutting off rib meat to even eat the damn things.
What i can't recall is whether i had the flame spreader in place or if the ribs were being cooked over the coals that day.

In any event, i'm going back to the 2-2-1 idea and i'm going to give the 'long' cook a try. Can't say i've had ribs on the BGE for more than 3 hours before so this will be a first.
Adding 2 hours to the cooking time...

I have to agree though from a comment on this site:
http://majorleaguegrilling.com/2012/01/09/competition-ribs-3-2-1-method/
If you are going to cook ribs, don't do small runs of single package ribs. It isn't worth the 5+ hours of cooking time.
You may as well cook multiple racks.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."