I did finally figure out what my issue was, or at least partially. After talking to support from Green Mountain, they agreed to send me a new board.

A day later, I remembered something I had read on the internets about making sure you clean the temp sensor. It's strange that GMG does not mention this anywhere in their documentation. I checked and boy does that thing pick up soot. Cleaning it has mostly cleared up the problem, but its still not quite right.

I was also having trouble hooking the smoker up to my wifi, so I'm going to swap in the new board and see if that makes things as good as new.

In the mean time, I've been busy with my new toy. Made pizza again and its great, burgers were meh (doesn't sear properly), and meatloaf that tastes like, well, meatloaf, but I had to try at least once grin Actually it was nice not to heat up the apartment with an oven on a hot day.

I finally did a pork butt properly today, pulling it at 195F. It pulled nicely and the meat was 'melt in your mouth' tender.

This thing is awesome!

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!