OK, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I will in the thought that there might be other potential customers that are in the same place on the learning curve.

I have all my music ripped to 320kbps MP3s, and they reside on a separate internal drive on my main business computer. I sometimes play those tracks through another computer that's hardwired onto that network, because this second computer ties into my mixing console and Mackie monitors. BUT..... I have some network issues here that haven't allowed every other device to "see" those audio files on the main computer.

So, I buy the new AxiomAir. I sit it in my office and I assume it will play those tracks by retrieving them via wireless. I can also plug in a USB memory stick with tracks, it seems. (Is there a set of RCA line-level inputs to make use of the amp/speaker system from, say, a TV's "audio out"?)

OK, now I move the AxiomAir to my back porch. Let's assume that the WiFi signal strength is still OK for it to retrieve those files from my office PC. I can control these tracks via my Smartphone or a Android Tablet?

But what is the AxiomAir's WiFi hot spot generator doing for me? Aren't I on my
home" WiFi network?

Sorry for the "newbie" questions. I REALLY liked the videos on the Kickstarter page. I want to sign on. But as a neophyte in music streaming, I have to wrap my head around exactly what it will do for me.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::