Ian, thank you so much for the response! I wasn't thinking so much of a separate unit as much as maybe an optical out or even a 1/8" headphone/line level output from the existing design, allowing it to operate as a full-function standalone piece or as a receiving source for a bigger system as well.

Of course, I was only thinking along these lines for economy of production; I have no idea of the market for a device like that above, since I'm only now wrapping my head around the uses for a product like the AxiomAir.

I was talking to Joyce about it last night and likened the A^A to a TiVo...which we adopted to pretty early. We found that when we tried to explain to others how TiVo changed the way we watched TV, many couldn't really wrap their heads fully around it. I think it took using one for a few weeks before you realized that you could totally re-think how your TV is used to watch broadcasted shows.

My gut feeling is that a product like the AxiomAir will change the way I listen to, and enjoy, music.... even if I'm not sure how yet! smile

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::