Originally Posted By chesseroo
I think too many people are impatient.
Our society is inundated with too much instant end products for use, purchase or consumption from instant texts to instant oatmeal. If something isn't available on hand instantly, the herds must gripe.

Kickstarter provides funds for an IDEA with an end product. There is no guarantee of an end product though so why the hell would anyone think their Kickstarter money was used as if they just bought something on Amazon shipping the next day?

I'm sure Axiom will develop the Air, but to assume it was just going to be done and ready in months at most is naive.
There's people already complaining they haven't received a unit a month after the Kickstarter project completed funding.
For those with that instant gratification mentality that have themselves in a frustration-fueled merry go round, i have no sympathies.

I don't think anyone supported this project for instant gratification. Since October axiom has been using the "carrrot and stick" approach with backers which is making them impatient. I can go hours without eating but the minute you throw food in front of me I become irritable.

They would have been better off saying the project will take another 6 months or at least posting consistent updates so people don't get their hopes up too high. I've supported many kickstarters that have been well over a year past their delivery date but they've either been consistently vocal or at least honest when it comes to how long their delay will be.

As for kickstarter being not being like amazon... Kickstarter is supposed to be like amazon. Your not investing in the product or donating to it. You are literally buying the product on faith that the creator will deliver the product promised on a set date or time period that they came up with while factoring in any possible complications or delays. The delivery date on kickstarter project is no different than the estimated delivery date on an amazon product. The only difference is that you are putting a lot more faith in the creator while the creator is putting their name on the line. This makes communication between backers and creators very important. As long as backers are kept in the loop they rarely complain but when you leave them in the dark the relationship starts to waiver and destroy the whole point of kick-starter which is creating a solid relationship between backer and creators.