Originally Posted By newf
Originally Posted By Mojo
There doesn't appear to be much difference between the Kickstarter price and the pre-production price other than the free wood top.

13% tax, and higher prices for wood top/battery.

It's another +$150 for me now for the speaker, wooden top and 9hr battery - so I'm out. I was on the fence about it anyways. I would have liked to try it for my own use of course but I think we could use these at work at as well. My department buys all the A/V stuff for our University. Something like this would be good for people to take out and use in small rooms. All wireless, multiple users connect to it with their phones etc. All things harder to accomplish with a PA system or setting up speakers/mixers.

I was also on the fence, but it came down to answering one simple question:
Where and how often would i use it?

Ok so i suppose those are two questions.

Having the Sonos setup throughout the house alleviates any necessity for portability in this area. Don't travel much with campers or things of that nature so, where would we use it?
I just couldn't come up with any $500 useful purposes so i passed.
However, i have two friends that signed up for them so i plan on testing out the functionality, battery life and sound quality when they finally arrive.

It really is a fantastic idea, far more advanced than anything i've come across while searching for good wireless audio setups.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."