Originally Posted By exlabdriver
Great looking product - congratulations on all of your hard work. The M3 heart of the system should really sound fine.

The tremendous capabilities of this unit really highlights what kind of a dinosaur I am. I still play only CD/SACDs & have never downloaded nor streamed music ever.

I wouldn't know where to begin!! So I'll start with one burning question. Since I have such a large collection of CDs, could my favourite few be just copied to a USB Stick & played that way? I realize that the files would be large & would eat up USB space pretty quickly.

Any hints on getting into downloading or streaming music (I can't believe that I'm making such a leap!!) would be appreciated...

TAM

Hey TAM,

Thanks for the kind words!
It's a VERY simple process to "rip" your CDs and transfer the files to a USB stick. Plug the stick into the front of the AxiomAir and you're good to go. I'm a big fan of a program called dBPoweramp. They have a free trial and it will rip your CD to any file format you like, along with setting up all the CD information and the cover art. If you use something like dBPoweramp you can convert your CD to FLAC or ALAC which will result in much smaller files, and you will lose no fidelity.
One other great capability of the AxiomAir is the ability to play FREE webradio stations. There are thousands available in any musical genre you can name, and many have excellent sound quality.

Andrew