Originally Posted By newf
This thread is a very good example as to why I just can't jump on board with the AxiomAir. I love the idea. I love the look of it. But beyond that, there's too many unknowns. And this is not some cheap speaker. Even at the kickstarter costs it's over $600 CDN!! And after that they say $300 more? Holy @#$%

Now I get it. This isn't some Logitech, Bose or Philips fidelio nonsense. With no reviews to go by, no specifics on the gui, no real battery tests, and no idea what this is actually going to sound like.....you get where I'm going with this.

I would love to try it, but something tells me to not try the 1st gen. I know I'm paranoid. Axiom makes great stuff, so there's that to consider but this is also Axiom's first attempt at such a thing as well.

Hi newf,

I happy to answer any questions that you might have that we have not covered. I believe that our reputation speaks for itself in terms of our ability to engineer great sounding amplifiers and loudspeakers. The performance of the AxiomAir is on par with a pair of our M3 bookshelf speakers driven with a powerful amplifier. Our DAC technology has been outlined and we have been open about the software we are developing. I'm not sure what part of the UI is an unknown...we have a full video on our Kickstarter page showing the operation of the UI in detail, and yes, we have performed numerous tests on various battery pack samples. We have fully operational prototype systems and reviews will be in the works once we have production representative samples. Please let me know if there is something that we have not made clear and I'll be happy to answer!

Thanks,

Andrew