Originally Posted By newf

I don't understand why the LAN port is on the front at all. If wireless is weak in your home, or if the AA's wireless isn't strong, wired is the way to go, but who wants a wire hanging out the front? Even if you don't have wires ran through your home you could use lan over powerline for like $50 and it'll still be more reliable then wireless....but who wants a cable hanging out the front of this gorgeous thing? major oversight imho. I understand if it's all on the same PCB and it was just easier to stick it all behind one door but....

Steve, although I have no right to criticize as I did not order one, I agree with you on this. I was completely shocked to find out all the connections were on the front. The thing is so beautiful, I couldn't imagine having the door open with wires or a flash drive sticking out.

And why is there no independent "master" volume knob? I currently use an Airport Express to stream music into a traditional integrated amp. I set the "max volume" with the dial on the amp, and then use the digital volume on the streaming device for fine adjustments. It works great. (Even my powered M2's have a traditional volume knob.) This would certainly solve (at least temporarily) the "full blast" volume situation that Eric is dealing with currently.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.