No DBox that I noticed. These people were old. Probably in their lower 80's. I doubt that they would have spent the bucks on DBox and had just a 46" TV...

As for the circuits, in my previous house, all of the lights in the basement were on one 15 amp circuit, and all of the outlets (minus the bathroom) were on a second 15 amp circuit. That is how it was wired by the builder when he built it for the original buyers before they backed out. No power issues. I could have the home theater up and running, plus all of my arcade equipment and not a single issue.

In this new basement, I am going to have (now) nine 20 amp circuits. Two of those dedicated to the home theater, and nothing else touching that power. I have heard that some people are putting in dedicated circuits just for subs, but others on those same AVS forums are saying that unless you have some massive amount of equipment (like those homes shown in magazines with racks and racks of powered equipment, or some enormous 4 sub setup) that it will be extremely rare that a dedicated circuit will be needed.

Probably one of those, it wouldn't hurt but real life shows that it would be only rarely needed.

Farewell - June 4, 2020