So tonight, I am planning to (among other things) wire up power for the rope lighting I want to put in along the soffits.

Due to the Christmas holiday season, I can get some cheap, single color rope lighting for about $20 for the whole room which just uses 1 plug and I hook up that outlet to a wall switch for simple on/off functionality.

OR

I look into getting color changing LED strip lights that will run about $160 (at least) for the two side walls and the back wall (I don't want it above the screen)

The problem is that there are only a couple of places that are selling it for that price, and while people have had good success ordering from them, their customer service and pre-sales communication is about zero.

I was looking at 16.4 Ft RGB Color Changing Kit

I was hoping that I could use a single power supply and a single remote to run effectively 3 "strips". It seems as though the included power supply is only powerful enough to run 1 16.4 foot strip, meaning that I would need 3 outlets at 3 different locations around the soffits. To top it off, they all have good sized power converters (supplies) that I have no idea how I would hide. I can hide 1 behind my false wall that the screen is going on, but the other 2 would be really difficult.

Any ideas? Or should I just go with the $20 cheapo single color and hope for some other option later on?

Farewell - June 4, 2020