Originally Posted By BobKay
Originally Posted By nickbuol
I HATE DRYWALL DUST!
So dirty, and it gets EVERYWHERE!

Nick, for <$250, that never has to happen again. I have a 5hp, 5G vacuum. It has a bag, and that is the necessary addition. The hose diameter fits all DeWalts in all styles and I always keep a $30 Ryobi mouse as well. To get the mouse to fit tightly, I wrap it's end with a couple of rounds of duct tape.

The amount of airborne dust I would make with a 2" repair is about 95% more that I would make with a vac system. It captures so well, I have left (other people's) furniture uncovered. What it doesn't get falls to the floor in a little white line, like a line of cocaine. Seriously, that's what it looks like. Ew! Putting stuff up your nose! Ew!

Yeah, I keep thinking that I need to just put something together that provides suction at the point of the mess, but I only have a really large shop vac with a massive hose. Even if I get an attachment to make the hose easier to attach to whatever tool I am using, it still is a lot of bulk flopping around, but again, it really is probably worth it to make something work, or to buy something.

Farewell - June 4, 2020