I am concerned a little bit that going 1.78:1 will mean that I will need to decrease the overall size, this making the 2.35:1 viewing material even smaller (when displayed on a "better sized" (smaller) 1.78:1. I mean, I still need to build a stage under the screen.

Unless I scrap that whole idea of a stage and make just a floor to ceiling screen wall. I guess that would be cheaper as I wouldn't need to build a monster stage filled with sand (my back hurts already thinking about hauling it). I could build some solid platforms behind the screen for the speakers to sit on, but that would be a lot less work (and again, materials) than a full stage that only the front would be seen. The subs could reside on the floor with a DIY dampening pad (I've seen places sell these things for like $100 each which is just really thick plywood on top of some dense and grooved foam just resting on the floor. Hard to describe. It would also keep the carpet costs down. If I wanted a "stage" look later, I could build a faux stage that is really just the front part, cover it myself with a black carpet, and just set it (with minor securing) in front of the screen bottom.

Hmmmm...

Farewell - June 4, 2020