Tonight I put on the final coat of paint on the sides and top. I also painted the center "rings" where the woofer and port tube will go just to make sure that the white primer doesn't show once they are installed.

So first up is the picture of the sub minus the amp, woofer, port tube, and top half of the inside's foam.

The different level of "shine" in the picture is because it is just starting to dry.

Here it is with the 17" long, 4" ID port tube.

I might take an inch or two off of the feet, but want to see how it looks once in its final spot. The funny thing is that they are pretty "stout" feet, but when you put them on the main sub box, they look tall and skinny. I may change them out altogether for something way thicker and shorter. I only paid $2 a piece and they just screw on to the bottom.

Maybe something like one of these:

This one is 4" tall

This one is 3.5" tall

The ones I have now are 6" tall.

Tomorrow I will put the foam in the top half, glue the port together in place, and mount the woofer.

Wednesday I will attach the port tube and connect and attach the plate amp with the special screws I ordered last night from Parts Express. I thought that I ordered them back when I bought the woofer and stuff, but I certainly couldn't find them, so I had to order them again. $2.75 for the screws, $10 for shipping to get them here by Wednesday. crazy

Farewell - June 4, 2020