I thought that before the weekend (oh wait, it is 1:42 am on Saturday - Christmas Eve) that I would post a quick update.

Today I worked on finishing up securing all of the 2x4 blocking with both liquid nails and regular framing nails. I hope that they are strong enough. smile They should be, I was able to hang from one of them, and I am no small guy...

Anyway, I got them in place as mentioned, and then it was the task of marking the line on the boards as to where I needed to screw the clips. A chalk line would have worked nicely, but I was home by myself. So a couple of screws and a string helped to get that done (albeit with a lot of overhead marking. Then I used my super duper screws (#10 of some brand that is supposed to be awesome instead of #8 as the minimum needed per the instructions). It took a while, and my neck was sore from looking straight up for a couple of hours. I also used some plastic vapor barrier to cover up the wall between the game room and the storage room. I am trying to keep as much dust out of that area as possible.

Next week, after we get back home from visiting family, I will be ready to cut the hat channel and put it in place. I then need to put some more of the plastic vapor barrier wrap up over 1 more exposed area of the basement as well as seal off the stairway for when I start drywalling, which is next after that. Fun times are coming!

Farewell - June 4, 2020