So I've got a few hours of drywalling in between yesterday and today, and I hate it already. I did start with the most complicated ceiling area so that I am working with smaller parts of sheets and so that once I get this done, I can start picking up noticeable speed. I did, however, decide that I am getting rid of 1 of the ceiling height changes. I loose 3 inches of height, but it was between to other areas that were that already 3" and 12" down around ducts. That meant taking down a partial sheet of drywall (that I already had the can lights cut out of), and doing some quick framing. Now I need to pry the 2 can lights' nails out of the joists, and frame them down 3" as well. It will be worth the delay it is causing in that the ceiling will look a little cleaner.

Oh, and I killed my Craftsman rotary tool cutting those two can lights. I had used it in my previous basement, and it worked well, but liked to suck up the drywall dust. Well, I killed it this time. So I *almost* bought a RotoZip today, but the smallest that would really work for what I needed was about $75 and it is a dedicated tool, so I opted to spend that money on a nice Dremel set that was on sale. Now I am nervous about using it in fear of killing it with the dust even though it comes with a drywall cutting bit and says that it works with drywall... Maybe the hand-held drywall saw will be the way to go anyway. No fears of having a "run off" and needing to patch it later. I will using the Dremel for anything on the walls (outlets, switches, sconces, but hand cut everything in the ceiling... Yuck!

Farewell - June 4, 2020