LOL. Spray rubber. "Sounds" crazy.

No, it was expected to sound that way. It will all be good in the end.

So I spent a TON of time yesterday and today marking and setting all of the screws. What an utter PITA, and I am not talking about a type of bread. I also caulked the seems and edges in the theater. I was working on the wall/floor edge, but ran out of the acoustical caulk and I am heading out to New York and Atlanta for work this week (need to be up in 4 hours). So I will have to tackle the rest of that when I get back. Everything got cleaned up from the basement, and all other small pieces are done. I will tell you this. Fishing for the surround speaker wires in the walls (even with the walls marked) was also a PITA... I ended up cutting multiple holes (yes, into my nice DD+GG wall to access them. Anyway, I got them out and filled the holes with a lot of mud. The holes were only 3/4" around, but still. We also picked up the paint today for the basement. That is usually a horrible process trying to pick colors, but we managed somehow to do it in a decent amount of time.

I think that we ended up with something like 14 gallons once factoring in the white for the ceilings, a special white for the bath ceiling (long story), the 2 colors for the home theater, the color for the bath, and the color for the rest of the basement (all 5 gallons of that alone). Plus it will take all of the 10 gallons of primer, and we might still be short a gallon or two there.

With all of that paint, I need to decide how to apply it. I like the idea of spraying it, but I have never sprayed a ceiling before. Heck, I've never sprayed an interior before. I used a commercial grade sprayer to spray the outside of a house, and it worked really well. All of the time is in the prep work of masking. The primer will go on everything, so that seems like a no-brainer. The bathroom would probably just get rolled for paint just because it is relatively small and I don't want to have to clean those 2 unique colors out of the sprayer for such a small space. Maybe spray the primer, then spray the white ceilings everywhere but the theater and bath. Then spray the 5 gallons of common wall color, and then figure out what to do in the theater. Probably spray it too since there is a good amount there.

Hopefully we aren't off too much in our quantity.

I also got the green light to order the seats. We changed things up a few times on the style and color. I thought for sure that we would end up with black, but we aren't.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've kept the colors out of the conversation. You all will have to wait and see.

Oh, and the mudders come tomorrow. I have a couple of days off coming up after this work trip, but I am going to try to tackle replacing the vanity/sink in the kid's bathroom. It needs the update badly, plus it will be nice to have a taller sink and a faucet that doesn't drip. Gotta take advantage of the time off and not being able to work in the basement to get other things off of the project list.

Farewell - June 4, 2020