LOL to Bob... No, the trick is that they texture (we went with orange peel) and then they lightly (very lightly) sand the surface. It was actually quite noticeable to the touch. Not sure that it looks any different, but when sliding my hand along the "unsanded" wall (already primed) it has a slight sandpaper feel to it.. Just really small edges here and there that you could feel. The lightly sanded parts looked the same, but weren't rough feeling.

Anyway, he also had to come back and fix a few spots that weren't noticeable until the primer was on. He worked on that yesterday and tonight. There were 5 spots in the theater that I wanted fixed (one was a spot that would end up behind a QS8, but I wanted it fixed)... One was in the family room, and one in the bedroom. Everything else has been lightly sanded and we can start painting those rooms tomorrow. Then we focus on the theater so that I can get the riser and stage built.

I am thinking about stealing this design for the stage...

Oh, and my theater seats were supposed to be delivered to the distribution center in town today, but they weren't One more day or maybe two. I still need to find room for 16 large boxes (each seat comes in two parts)

Lastly, here are some pictures of the room primed. The blue arrow is painters tape marking one of the "please fix this" spots.

Farewell - June 4, 2020