Grrrrrrrrr....

So I go online (on my phone) last Saturday in-between my oldest daughter's solo and ensemble performances to order the screen (Center Stage XD from Seymour AV). I send an email to get the process started since they don't have an online store for DIY stuff (since everything is "custom"). Anyway, after a few hours, no response. I am getting anxious, so I give them a call. Ring #2 of the phone and Chris Seymour answers the phone. I mention who I am and the email I sent earlier as well as a small email conversation that he and I had a couple of weeks back. I tell him I would like to order if he can get my the screen material quickly.

He tells me that they can get a 12' cut of the 98" wide material out on Monday. Woohoo. Here is my money....

Monday comes and goes, and since this guy is just a 2 hour drive from me, I am thinking that it might be at my house on Tuesday. Tuesday comes and goes. No package. I contact Chris again to find out that their current batch of screen material is messed up and then are taking an entire giant roll of it and cutting out the bad stuff and trying to fulfill orders with what is left, but it will ship out on Wednesday and be hand inspected. He will send me a tracking number when it ships.

Wednesday, guess what? Yup, no tracking number. Maybe he forgot. Thursday comes, it is busy at work, so I don't get a chance to contact Chris until about 2:45 pm. Yup, still not shipped and not shipping out today either. His words were " We might get it out this afternoon." which to me says "Not gonna happen."

So even if it does go out tomorrow, we are into early next week before it will be here. Heck, I could have waited a couple more days and had Jamestown Screens build me the frame and ship it with the Seymour product. But nope. I'll have to wait.

Not that I don't have enough other things to work on, but dang....

Now if I could just find my original T-Brackets for my first pair of QS8s I'd start hooking up speakers. (I am waiting until I find them because I know that as soon as I have audio, I am going to lose HOURS of time in the home theater instead of doing fun stuff like door trim, and shoring up electrical outlets (a lot of the boxes are too far into the wall and I need to put spacers on the outlets so that the covers fit nicely)... Fun fun.

Farewell - June 4, 2020