I posted this elsewhere, but thought that it should be here too. I build the center channel stand and the smaller "stands" for the M60s to get them in line with each other and to have the tweeters at a good "ear" height. They went into the garage after this picture and got painted flat black. I will "install" them tonight as long as they are super dry, which they should be. Then I can start looking at building the remaining false wall panels and finally calibrate the audio.

Keep in mind that these stands are all about function, not looks. If they were going in front of the screen they would have been built to look nicer, but they are solid and stable and will be unseen.

M60 stand was just a couple of 2x4's holding up a 2x10 top plate. the VP180 stand was 2x12 top, bottom, and sides, with some 2x4 "feet" on the bottom for more stability, and a couple of 2x4 pieces on the top along the front and back that made things a little deeper to accommodate the 12" depth required for the speaker feet to sit solidly on top. Also, since I was using scrap wood, I didn't have a 2x12 that was long enough to go the full 40" wide to match the width of the VP180. I thought that it looked a little nicer to have a full width appearance to the top too. Those top 2x4's also helped to lock the 2x12's so that they stayed square.

Farewell - June 4, 2020