On-topic, I spent hours, and I mean HOURS, measuring for the clips/hat channel ceiling. It is amazing the variance in distances of a ceiling joist from one side of the room to another. I must have monkeyed around with 6 different scenarios of where I could (attempt) to place my recessed braces (the 2x4s that I would put up and recessed perpendicular to my joists so that I can recess all but the last half inch of the clip/hat channel depth). It seemed like no matter what I tried, my spacing would at some point line up with a joist. Not good when you are trying to recess. While I could make some areas narrower than my 24" spacing between where the clips would go, I wanted it as even as possible.

SO I got that done, and then I needed to make another 156 measurements just to mark out where my 2x4's will go in each row with some rows having four 2x4s and some having five to make a staggered pattern which is supposed to yield up to 5db better performance at "certain frequencies" (whatever that means in real life) vs. putting them all lined up with each other and with the same number of 2x4s/clips per row. Those measurements also include the lengths of the 2x4s that I will cut tomorrow.

I also measured that I will need to cut 5/8" x 3/8" off of each end of the 2x4 pieces so that they sit at the right height in the I-beam joists. As mentioned earlier, I will be using liquid nails, 3.25" nails from my framing nailer, plus the fact that it will be somewhat resting on top of the bottom of the I-beam. Again, reference my diagram earlier. I think that will make it pretty darn solid.

Farewell - June 4, 2020