Last night I didn't get anything done because I was enjoying a band/choir concert at the high school, and tonight was a bit time limited, but I managed to get the remaining 6 outlets and the main switch boxes covered with mt own very of putty pads (I think I mentioned it before. Comes as a brick, tear it into 2 pieces, work it into two sheets, and cover a single gang outlet/switch box with each piece, or use one whole brick for up to a 3 gang box).

Anyway, it takes a little time, but that is done. I also had 4 studs that decided to twist on me since I put them up. They all had, of course, outlets or switch boxes on them, so I needed to twist them even more to make sure that at least the box is perpendicular to the future drywall. Easier said than done, but they are just that... Done.

I also had to completely rewire a "floor outlet" that I put in to the living room upstairs. Half of the outlet was on a switch in the living room, which was fine, but the other have was wired to the older wiring in the basement that I am now going to pull completely out. Oh, and there were junction boxes involved too. They had to go. That took almost 90 minutes of fishing wire from the basement, up throw the ceiling and into a wall cavity, and then wiring it all up.

Tomorrow I plan to finally line up all of the can lights, and crimp them to the mounting "rails" so that they are linted up perfectly with each other. I also have a little bit of light framing to do around the basement breaker box, and I need to put a low voltage box in to the office since it will be the "hub" for internet coming into the house and being hard wired out to the living room, office itself, home theater, and future family room. That will be super quick. Then I will do another walk around to see what other small things I could be missing, like a wire staple here or there, and then I will start cleaning everything up. My goal is to have the basement completely ready for inspection by next week. If I really get my act together, I could possibly even shoot for an inspection this Friday afternoon as I have to burn some vacation time before the end of the year, and I have the afternoon off.

It is crazy how it just all of a sudden is coming together.

I will take some pictures tomorrow night of some of the details of the home theater...

Farewell - June 4, 2020