I was up until after 1:00 am last night putting screws in a ton of the sheets of drywall that just were up with 6-8 screws to hold them in place. I put in enough to meet code in the entire basement (ceiling included) except for the game room/wet bar area. I still need to go around and "sink" a bazillion of them so that they aren't sticking up. Even with a drywall drill bit that is supposed to just barely recess them (tried 3 different ones in 2 different styles) there are a bunch (again, bazillion) that just need a little bit more turns. I also have 4 pieces of drywall to put up yet. 4 of them are for the rear "columns" in the home theater, so they are about 7 feet "tall" by about 6 inches wide. Goop them with the last little bit of Green Glue and up they will go. I also have one small piece to put up above a door frame that is 5 feet long by about 1.5 inches wide. Again easy. I took a vacation day tomorrow and will finish up that stuff and then have the drywall "screw" inspection at 4:00. Should go OK.

Mudders/tapers start on Monday (I am traveling for work) so I should come home later in the week to some nice progress.

FYI. One big from a guy that runs his own drywall company was $3600. We've seen his work and it is very nice. Another bid, from a guy who is a drywall mudder/taper/texturer by trade and is doing it on the side (cash) was $1850.

The first guy was actually subbing it out, so there is double profit in there. Profit for the sub-contractors, and profit for him.

I've seen the second guy's work too and it also is very good. He is giving me a "deal" too (or so he says) because he is good friends with a guy I work with and my co-worker told I guess has given him enough business like this, that he said I needed a good deal.

Either one will be done in 1 week from starting.

So exciting...

Farewell - June 4, 2020