Last night was nice and productive. A coworker came over for about 90 minutes with his 11 year old son. We cranked out the equivalent of 7 full sheets of drywall. That is more than any other time that I worked down there, even on days where I spent 8-10 hours down there. Granted, we focused on the easier stuff from the vantage point of what sheets could be hung with the fewest cuts, but wow does it look like some nice progress.

I really only have 1 slightly tricky ceiling piece, which really just comes down to having to reroute my cable internet wiring from the main floor dining room (which has been subbing in as an office) into the office area in the basement. That should take about 20 minutes to reroute the cabling, and then that piece can go up and I can cut out the last 2 can lights. Then I can get working on the last 7 sheets of the heavy 5/8 drywall for the exterior walls.

We mainly hung interior (1/2") sheets last night, and they are so much lighter than the heavy stuff, so I am looking forward to more of that.

Of course, I still have half of my 5/8" drywall stacked up in the home theater room. I am still committed to getting the drywall done in the rest of the basement before doing the theater. I want to really be proficient at my hanging and cutting skills to get things as perfect as possible in the theater room, plus I can focus all of my mess in 1 room at that point.

Farewell - June 4, 2020