OK. I am really sore tonight. My father-in-law came over and we cranked out some 2nd layer drywall magic. By that, I mean that we got the walls done (top and bottom sheets) and all but an 8" x 11' (yes, 8 inches by 11 feet) piece for the ceiling, and then one of the "columns" where the movie storage is. That is a LOT more than I thought that we would get done.

I do still need to do the 2nd layer on the soffets, but those too are very manageable. I am anticipating being done with all of it tomorrow (Tuesday), although it will be a full evening to do so. On Wednesday, I will caulk up the inside corners and under the bottom sheets along the floor. That is per instruction from the guys at The Soundproofing Company.

Calls are in to some drywallers to see who will have a reasonable bid for the mudding and taping. I REALLY hope that they aren't too expensive because I really don't want to do it with all of those edges...

Pictures will come once I get the final layer up on the areas mentioned above. I am so happy that the heaviest piece of drywall I will have to work with will be about 15-20 pounds. Yeah!

PS. Green Glue has now been dubbed "the goop" around here. Even when it doesn't get all over the place, it gets all over the place. If you've never used it (we got the 5 gallon pails) then it is hard to explain. Whenever we had a sheet dry-fitted, one of us would hollar, "this one is ready for goop" or "...ready to be gooped". Green Glue has an odd smell. It isn't horribly strong, or even real nasty, just has a smell to it that I wasn't expecting.

Farewell - June 4, 2020