Honestly? No. I just with a little over 2' deep behind the false wall and have the speakers as close to the screen/false wall as possible (which is about 4" behind the material itself). I couldn't see eating up 4' of room space, even with a 24' deep room.

The wall behind my false wall is treated and the side corners are floor to ceiling bass traps which help with some of the nodes, or if nothing else it changes them to some degree. The addition of a 2nd subwoofer up front (not as ideal as one in the back of the room) helped a lot with room nodes. Also, there are some math that points to the idea that the room itself more dictates the room node locations for the listening area more than the speaker locations, but it is there.

From some of my notes that I saved:

SEAT LOCATIONS:
To avoid harmonic peaks and nulls in the room, seats should be placed at one (or more) of the following locations.
WIDTH:
.20, .32, .45, .55, .68, .80 of the width of the room
LENGTH:
.55, .68, .80 of the length of the room (away from the front solid wall)

Note that the notes mention nothing about where the speakers are, but where you listen in relation to the hard walls in the room. These were taken after a lot of research from "experts" including web sites and video interviews/discussions. Once I started seeing these numbers repeating, I figured that there must be some trust to these being accurate. NEVER was mention of where the front speakers should be as far as distance from the front wall. Not saying that there aren't some numbers somewhere, but I never read it or saw it when I was researching. There were numbers as to how far away things should be from side walls, but that was more for the subwoofers.

Farewell - June 4, 2020