Oh, and on-topic, I returned a bunch of R19 insulation today, and bought some R13. I wasn't thinking correctly when I bought the 5.5 inch thick R19 and framed it 3.5 inches (2x4) thick. Cheaper fix at this point was the insulation vs. reframing everything with 2x6s on the exterior.

I also picked up my hat channel, super strength screws, liquid nails, more nails for my framing nailer, and a new (nicer) dust mask. I used up my last cheap one last week, and put up a few pieces of R19 insulation into the ceiling above the future bedroom. I started hacking and coughing that fiberglass crap after a couple of pieces. I wasn't putting any more up without a new mask. This time I was a big spender. I went from $1.50 mask to a $5.00 one. Probably should have just bought a $30 respirator before I started this project.

After supper, and a little Amazon.com shopping for Christmas, I am going to try to get the ceiling insulation back up in the home theater, and see if I can crank out all of the exterior wall insulation. The walls will go a LOT easier since there aren't all of the pipes, wiring, ductwork, etc to work around.

PS. Got my quote for drywall. $1650 delivered and "stocked" into the house. Now to figure out how much the guy yesterday would deduct from his $6400 amount if we bought and hung the drywall instead of him subbing it out to someone else.

$1650 was for 1/2" walls, 5/8" ceilings, home theater double 5/8" walls and ceilings, plus some expensive anti-mold product for the bathroom. Although the supplier said that most people are just using regular drywall and making sure that the vent is working and is ran for a while after a shower, as it should be. The old green board product used to sag, and it was determined over time that it wasn't mold resistant anyway.

I wonder how much it will cost for screws......

Farewell - June 4, 2020