Tonight was a busy night, but it doesn't seem like I have much to show for it. After building up the riser minus the top for the second row of seating, I tried to walk around it. Sort of a "test fit" if you will. I also noticed that right where the step was on the riser was in line with where the side QS8s were to go.

So that brings me to tonight. I reduced the width of the riser by 6.25" That is still about 4-5 inches wider than the feet on the row of 4 seats, and once adding in the "lip" that the top layer will create, I felt that it would work. As a safety precaution, I am also going to put some "tracks" out of some 1x1 or other material that will attach to the top of the riser, and hold the inside 2 seats from moving left or right. Since all 4 seats are connected, this should help with any "wiggle room" issues, and still stay fairly hidden since they won't be under the outside seats.

So after tearing some of the riser apart (got to break out the ever popular Sawzall), which I used not only to cut through my 3.25" ring shank nails (suckers are about impossible to get out), but I also used it to cut the appropriate pieces and re-notch the one step. Then I put it all back together and did another test fit. Much better. I also opted to move it back about 7 inches away from the screen. After doing some quick measurements, the front row would have been about 11 - 11.5 feet from eyeballs to screen and with the AT screen material, I heard that a safe distance for someone with REALLY good vision so that they can't see the weave or perforations was 12'. That is the new target, and will be 2 feet closer than my older theater was and be going from a 104" screen to something around 130-140" (max). It should be quite immersive.

I know that people want pictures, but there is so much crap in the room right now, that I wouldn't be able to get any decent photos anyway.

Oh, and the lights are all in and caulked. Managed that last night. I don't have them on switches yet (will be temporary until I order dimmers) but that should happen tomorrow. It gets so warm in there with six 60 watt wall sconces, twelve 50 watt halogen can lights, two 500 watt shop lights, and one 300 watt shop light. For now, I like having it really bright in there so that I can work, but it gets toasty.

Until tomorrow.

Farewell - June 4, 2020