I'm glad we finally have a thread for this as I don't have to feel guilty for ranting.

BigWill, you took my hastily added closing statement and disregarded the rest of my argument. Sure, I know Bush has more than just money in mind. After all, he's a citizen too and doesn't want the country to be attacked any more than you or I do. Nobody really wants to go back to hunting, gathering, and seashells.

But why is it that his policies and tax cuts result in the tossing of nickles at the feet of us middle class folk while the top 1% get billions and billions? I am a firm believer in the "everyone does better when EVERYONE does better" idea as being a guiding principle of government. That includes healthcare, jobs, a better-regulated welfare system, not bombing foreign countries and killing innocent civilians, working with the international community on issues of international concern, etc.

The best way to enjoy safety is not to give people reasons to hate us. I guarantee you the foreign policy of this country, as of late, has gotten us more enemies than admirers. We are not safer; our enemies are just harder to count.

Oh, and for someone leaning far to the right, the middle -- relatively speaking -- looks like it's left-leaning. The same can be spoken of left-leaners, of course. Don't be so quick to toss people into one bin or the other.