Actually, I think we should utilize all the resources available. My brother in law and nephew both work in the oil fields in Alaska, and have brought pics of areas around the pipeline ... there sure are lots of Caribou playing there.

And the "Not in My Backyard" sentiment HAS to go ... Currently, our position is that we would rather have supertankers bring oil in from 4000 miles away than to have a pipeline move oil 100 miles.

Then there is the whole flexible fuel arena ... which gets bogged down because (in part), nationally, there are more than 400 different requirements for the final fuel "make up", in regards to local standards.

Getting fuel seems like the opposite of what we think about congress ... Most people love his or her district's congressman ... but HATE congress as a whole, and most people think we need to find other sources of energy (and no, solar power is not feasible ... by other sources, I mean oil, coal, or natural gas), until the drilling/exploration happens in his or her district.