>>In another generation, when France's Muslim population hits the +25% mark and we hear demands for an independent Islamic state in what was France, do French authorities become occupiers? If French Islamic "freedom fighters" blow up French nurseries, busses, pizza parlors, will we hear the explanation that these atrocities are merely zealous warriors against occupation?

Yikes. No. Sorry, I thought I was being more clear.

If a military force moves into a country and supports a new government I think we can expect some friction. If immigration and differential birth rates in France result in >25% Muslim population that does NOT make the French an occupying power. We have the same stresses in Canada, almost 50% of the population in Toronto is recent immigrants or their first-generation descendants. Scary.

If some Iraqis have a problem with the current government in Iraq and take potshots at the US military forces I could argue that they are "freedom fighters" but we mostly call them "Iraqi casualties". I'm trying to say "take your fight to the military, they are organized to handle your complaints. Don't pick on the unarmed innocents".

Anyone who targets non-combatants in France, Iraq, or anywhere else IMO is a murderer and deserves to be hunted down and killed.

There is a lot of sabotage to the oil infrastructure but I'm not hearing about much sabotage on the civil infrastructure (power, water, phone etc..). I could be wrong there, of course...

Again, I do agree there are some fundamental problems here. We do have a religious war going on in the sense that there is an organized Muslim movement against what they perceive as a decadent and heavy-handed West, but *most* Muslims are not part of the struggle.

This is going to be an ugly struggle, no question. I am trying to weigh in on the side that has zero tolerance for terrorism but obviously not doing a very good job.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8