More opinions:

I think people who deny that there is no terrorist threat are seriously in error. I think that people who feel the threat will go away if we do nothing are also in error.

That we will be hit again seems inevitable. Maybe not in the next couple years, maybe not in twenty or thirty, but when whole races of people - whole continents - are being whipped into a frenzy of hate towards the US, how else do you expect that to end?

If I had to predict another attack, I would say shortly after this election, regardless of who wins.

Maybe we could get the French, Russians, and Chinese to put in a good word for us and the bastards will attack somebody else?

I think we're better off dealing with this now than leaving it for future generations - when the enemy will likely be much stronger, more sophisticated and with more dangerous weapons. Judging by Arab tactics in the past 50 years, negotiated intervals of peace are really only lulls that allow them to re-arm, re-group, and re-position for the next attack.

BTW, in one of those debates Bush said unequivocally that Iran WILL NOT have nuclear weapons. Kerry talked about building coalitions when asked the same question. I think there is little doubt who the Iranian leadership endorses.