"Let no your heart be troubled" - Craig, you crack me up....only three hours a day, that's all he asks.

Zarak - You're right about the government needing to balance it's books. However, wartime spending is always going to send the budget into the red, as it is never budgeted. Bush made a decision to follow through on his pledge to reduce taxes and try to help infuse the economy. This also helped to put the budget in the red. The key is if and how he is going to offset that imbalance. My fingers are tightly crossed hoping that he takes his second term( ) and focuses on reducing unnecessary spending.

Inane - Thanks for giving the report on Kerry's post-convention koombaya session. Fox had given a preview of what Kerry was going to focus on, so we decided to pack it in. It sounds like he held true to form....what an idiot. After a convention like that, the blistering criticism of his Senate record, and Bush's strong speech, how does he think that continuing to focus on war-records is the way to go? Multiple speakers at the convention called him out solely upon his Senate record and he returns fire based upon Bush and Cheeney's Vietnam records.....both of which have been dealt with ad nosium.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like Kerry is coming a bit unhinged right now. He tried to ride the hate-Bush wave into the final inning and he's come up dry. The Republicans tortured him on his voting record and his penchant for indecisiveness and contradiction. Then, Bush came out and outlined an aggressive domestic agenda and reinforced his position on foreign affairs. In the face of all that, we have John Kerry, his purple hearts, his running mate who is the poster-boy for what is wrong with class-action law, and we have his wife that is more interested in talking about herself than her husband. The Wizard stands before you yelling loudly about his war record and telling you not to look behind that curtain over there, knowing that what's behind there is a scared little man trying to sneak his way into power.