Turbodog1 wrote:
When discussing taxes, Cheney eloquently clarified how many small-business owners file their taxes as personal income, which would imply that, while the Bush tax cut applied to middle income families directly, they also applied to small business owners which supply the majority of new jobs in this country.

I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in politics here, as I get enough/give enough in other forums, but I thought I would throw out one small post as a small business owner:

Any business owner that is small enough to be filing their taxes as an individual is not at all likely to have a single employee... not to mention several. To think that the tiny Bush tax cut/refund would cause any employer to rush out and hire more employees is flat out wrong. The tax cut doesn't even touch the tens of thousands of dollars a year even a minimal part-time employee costs with salary and worker's Comp insurance, etc..

Those small businesses that supply so many jobs are often considered business' of sixty or even twenty employees or less... far, far beyond the situation where their taxes are filed as an "individual", i.e., as in "sole proprietor"...

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::