"...his policies regarding government funding of faith based organiztions, pulling of funds from clinics that offer abortions, premptive wars without proper cause, pulling out of nuclear test ban treaties...the list goes on and on."

Spiff, no doubt your personal feelings towards Bush stem from a deep source. I might not be a Bush supporter in your position either, as he certainly seems willing to bash homosexuals to appease his conservative base. FWIW, and I'm sure you're aware, Kerry is opposed to gay marriage as well. The Democrats were unwilling to make gay marriage a wedge issue apparently.

I've re-evaluated my abortion stance after seeing my son on an ultrasound at 5 mos. At 5 mos. it is too late for an abortion, IMO. Little guy was moving all over the place on his own - sucking his thumb and grabbing his feet. He was well beyond the "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny" phase - most definitely a human at that point.

With modern medicine (RU486 and birth control pills as a contraceptive and abortive device) there is no moral way to support abortion in that second trimester. Granted, some conservatives (and Catholics) have resisted RU486, but in my view, they shouldn't. Bush is correct to attempt to bring the abortion issue back into the public conscience, IMO.

Regarding foreign policy... Bush earned the approval ratings post 9-11 and before the Iraq invasion. A chimp would have done not as well as Bush, but better than Gore, IMO. Gore would have asked the French for permission before defending America, but I think the chimp would have been happy to simply fart in their general direction.

Congress approved the use of force against Iraq and to this day have not voted to force the return of our troops. The campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan have both been hugely successful despite all the leftist propaganda to the contrary.

Fact remains that Kerry is a non-deserving stiff of a candidate, a prototypical populist whore politician.