Peter,

As a single guy, I have no direct experience with taxes, marraige, or children. I do, however, hear the guys at work talking about how with the deductions that they get for being married with 2 childen and a house, they pay very little taxes. I pay a ton of taxes, and have a bigger mortgage than most of them. There MUST be something to it. Maybe I need a new accountant?

Craig,

I said that straight couples were "likely" to have a child. Not that all of them would. Laws, rules, taxes, etc. need to be set up to deal the "average" citizen or household, Not all people will be within those categories.

With all due respect to you as a person, my belief is that gay couples should not be allowed to adopt children. It has nothing to do with you or your spouse. I believe that every child should be raised under the assumption that they will be normal in all repects, including being straight, unless something comes along and prevents that.

If environment is a factor in determining sexual orientation, then there is the possibility of doing harm to a child by placing it in an environment that could alter it's normal development. If we put normal children in gay households, and the environment makes them gay, then we have harmed that child.

If environment does not play a part into how that child develops sexually, then we have erred on the side of caution, with the best intentions of the child in mind.

If sexual orientation is genetic, or has some other incurable, medically valid cause, then environment would not be a factor and again, we have erred on the side of caution.

If there's even the slightest chance that environment plays a part in determining sexual orientation, then I do not think we should risk altering the normal development of a single child. All children deserve a chance at a normal life. We sholdn't put thm at a disadvantage from the get go.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.