Turbo Dog... When has it been illegal for blacks to marry ? Even under slavery they were allowed to marry, though a slave owner could also sell off either a husband or a wife... which was abhorent, for sure... My family fought in the Union Army in the Civil War to end abuses like this.

Then.... We throw out the Biblical standard of marriage, which I already did in MY statement, you just seemed to either miss or ignore that part.... and discuss only the government sanctioned marriage. I WAS doing that... discussing ONLY the government sanctioned part... Do you get that now ?

Next... you throw all the usual BS insults... hatred, bigotry, THEN say it was not about ME ... well, what you posted was in response to me... so I take complete offense to your ridiculous assertion that my stance against gay marriage is akin to keeping women from working, blacks being allowed to marry, or anything of these other nonsense items. I loathe that type of behavior, and when hiring someone, could not care less about skin color, gender, OR sexuality.

You have not heard a sound argument because you don't WANT to hear any argument... In Today's America, two people have the complete right live together, marry in any church they want, and there is no discrimination about it. That includes gay marriage.

There is nothing anyone can say that WILL sway your position. You don't think people will try to take advantage of the situation. Well, average people WON'T ... But there is a large group of people who WILL ... here are the benefits to someone getting (by government sanction) married...

1. Surviving spouses pay ZERO inheritance tax.
2. Surviving spouses get Social Security.
3. They get retirement benefits from corporations, which are paid for buy the corporation's customers, as all expenses are.

The three largest pools of money in this country are listed above.

So, a question for you.. Can you tell if someone is gay by looking at him or her ?