Civilian deaths increase due to the tactics our Arab friends use: firing at soldiers from crowds of civilians, using civilian homes for barracks/headquarters/munitions dumps, lobbing mortar rounds indiscriminately, setting up roadside bombs and mines, etc...

There has been some talk about the Chechen terrorists also having AlQaeda members in their midst, but regardless of that... What political movement is so important that you deliberately butcher hundreds of children? And where are the protestors from Chechnya that decry such tactics on their behalf?
I think you know full well who the good guys are in this one, but your hatred for Bush and desire to see him ousted are all that matter to you. I'm an atheist too, but I do not feel threatened anymore by those with religous beliefs - more power to them.

BTW, I wasn't really making any argument about Pell grants and inflation - I was just trying to be funny. But since you mention it, IMO there shouldn't be any Pell grants at all. Student loans, community colleges and subsidized state universities are more than adequate to ensure that anyone who wishes to attend college, and strives to make it happen, may do so. They may have to work some. Too many freakin' freebies everywhere.

I know parents of disabled children who are paid in excess of $4000 per month to care for their own kids, given special vehicles to transport them, other high-tech devices that costs thousands of dollars; and many of the families aren't even citizens of this country. My heart ain't bleeding anymore.