Correct, PMB, I'm living at "this point in history." I don't live 500 years ago, or a 1000 years ago, or in the Pleistocene. I don't compare our society to Genghis Khan's, or the piles of human skulls left across the plains of scorched civilizations, to make excuses for today's murderers.

It's not "bullshit." Todays terrorists are Muslim. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but they can claim every terrorist of note in the world today. You attempt to show that they're not so bad, that someone else is or was as bad. True, Christianity has a bloody history, but it has progressed greatly. Our society is civilized, it has renounced slavery, it is tolerant. Do you think Muslim societies are tolerant of other religions? It's not hatred, to say this, it is what it is. When Islam can be self critical, take responsibility for its murderers and do something about them, rise up and reject them, then you can compare Islam to Christianity.

No, I'm not in favor of "rounding up" Muslims and putting them "into camps." I am in favor of strict scrutiny and surveillance, and strict restrictions on immigration. I am in favor of ethnic profiling at airports and points of entry. Islamic terrorists tend to be ... though politically incorrect to say, Islamic. Time to wake up. Also time for those who call "themselves Muslim but don't really believe in killing," to turn on those who do instead of on those who complain about the murderous practitioners of that faith - those who murder in the name of that faith. Beslan, almost 200 children murdered, some of them shot, some of them raped then killed - violence against Christians. Take a look at the world - the margins of Islam is a ring of fire and death. Who is at war with Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Jews, animists, Zoroastrians, B'hais? There is a war against the world - a religious war. Renounce it! Condemn it! Don't make excuses for it or say what's happening isn't really happening.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 09/21/04 07:02 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.