In reply to:

Adam, If you want to bow out, fine. A question for you though, if you think that saying someone is a liberal is an insult, then why are you a liberal ? If you call me a conservative, I will thank you.

You misunderstand me, Craig. I do not believe using the word "liberal" to describe someone is an insult (quite the opposite actually). However, you very clearly use it as an insult. And not by specifically pointing out clear factual errors, but by making sweeping and often incorrect generalizations and applying them to individuals (e.g. as a liberal, I know you think the Constitution is an opinion piece).

And for the record, I'm just as uncomfortable with people who say "you conservatives" with the same condescending tone. Liberals are not your enemies. Conservatives are not your enemies. I'm getting sick and tired of all this haughty name calling and demonizing on both sides of the fence. No one side has all the answers.

And you continue to be a brick wall with regards to the article. The fact that his premise was flawed does not mean that his story holds no relevance. But it's nice to see you dismiss the entire story based on what ultimately results to a technicality. Yes the war was legally enacted. There are lots of things that can be legally enacted that aren't necessarily good things. It was legal to own slaves once upon a time. Did that make it morally just?