That's cool, pmb. I knew you were just trying to piss off all of us fascists.

bigjohn, I was watching CNN the other day (just to get myself all worked up). Lou Dobbs had 3 guests on and they were all discussing whether Bush should admit that the war in Iraq was a mistake or not. Not debating whether the war itself was a mistake - they want that to be assumed by the public I suppose - but whether Bush should say he made a mistake.
This is part of the "big lie" fallacy that we were talking about earlier. It is insulting to intelligent people and undermines the democratic process. To make good decisions voters need their news organizations to bring them facts and not opinions/propaganda. That the war was a mistake is highly, highly debateable - it certainly is not a fact. But if you guys keep repeating the mantra, "Bush needs to admit he made a mistake," then I guess we will all blindly assume that it was a mistake.

The real reason everybody wants Bush to say the war is a mistake, or at least convince voters that it was indeed a mistake, is to absolve Kerry of his absurd position that the war is a mistake but is still vital to our interests. I guess the first 1000 casualties under Bush were a mistake, but the next 1000 under Kerry would be justified?

CNN is a joke. They call the radical Islamic guys "conservatives"! HAHAHA They've been running "The Life and Times of John Kerry" every weekend. Their analysts use phrase like, "Kerry kicked his ass," in their commentary on the debates. What a sham!

jorge016, of course conservatives want smaller gov't. The founding fathers would likely all be appalled at this big nanny-style gov't we have.
Criticizing the President and undermining the nat'l war effort for personal political gain, or for furthering the interests of your political party and/or its agenda, is definitely un-patriotic. It doesn't matter how many Supreme Court justices will be retiring in the next four years. Kerry supports the war (I think ) and that should have been the end of it.
Income vs spending: economics is never cut and dried, but it seems to me that the best way to increase revenue is to grow the economy. You don't have to have a balanced budget every year, so long as when the economy is booming you settle those accounts. The problem is all the pork, waste and freebies the gov't increases spending on in times of wealth.
High tax rates and lavish social programs (like what we see in Germany now) stifle economic growth and, in the long run, decrease gov't revenues. Our recent recession was very short and the economy is growing again. In Germany they currently have negative growth.
BTW, rich folks in Germany - like the Schumacher bros. - take their incomes and leave. Both of those guys are now citizens of Monaco, I think. Kerry's European supporters apparently want him to drastically increase our top tax rates in order to stop the flow of individuals and businesses who currently seek the relative tax shelter of the US. Free money for us if you ask me.
Anybody heard of the current proposal in the UN, which Kofi Annan supports, that would put a global tax on our paychecks? That would be cool, eh?