In reply to:

I get tired of hearing how every individual that needs assistance is some kind of evil lowlife scum.

I get tired of hearing how every individual that needs assistance is a victim. IMO, most people who wind up on welfare are there because of their own choices. True, most handicapped did not choose to be that way, but when you start making alcohol and drug abuse a "handicap", your argument breaks down.

If I want to have a child, I have to think about whether my income level will support that child, and how I am going to pay for its food, clothing and shelter. These realities affect my reproductive freedom. Suggest that welfare recipients be encouraged to stop having children, and you are compared unfavorably to a Nazi.

I am tired of being told that i am "rich". Whenever a tax cut is proposed, the left cries "it's for the rich!" Well guess what? There is no such thing as a tax cut for the poor. The poor don't pay taxes. The poor get tax credits. Low income workers can get a refund that is much bigger than their tax withheld. It's called the "earned income credit". You can't cut taxes for people who pay negative tax.

Before World War II, government spending averaged about 3% of the GNP. Today that figure is 40%. Think about that. 40 cents of every dollar generated in this country is consumed by the government. Some want to add the cost of one of the largest industries in the nation, namely health care, to that number. This would be an absolute disaster. Can you think of anything that the government does more efficiently and at a lower cost than private industry?

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"