PM .. Those issues were handled in the pending bill. With the elimination of payroll taxes plus the addition of the $3600 family rebate, let's look at the current family making $20,000 ... The take home pay is about $15,000 under the current system. If they spend ALL $15000 buying new "stuff", they pay $3450 in taxes, but got a $3600 prebate. This family does not buy new cars, and often will buy used clothing, TV's, rtc... but even if they bought everything new, they would still pay no taxes.

and there is NOTHING in the bill which eliminates cheaper housing, health insurance, etc... don't get mad, but the fact that the people who did this shows a negative bias, because the tax rules have NOTHING to do with cheaper housing... etc...

I see people of all income types regularly, and EVERY couple I have talked to, when explained to how they could keep ALL their paycheck, AND get $300 in the mail, in exchange for their paying a 23 % sales tax excites them...

Remember... this bill is revenue neutral to today's code... and if the 25 % of our economy which is tax exempt (the drug dealers, waitstaff, cabbies, hookers, tax exempt accounts, moonlighting jobs... etc...etc...etc...) pays ITS fair share, the 75% of us who DO pay a fair share will get a reduction.... I like that idea... even for the Blue States