"no, but i think it points out the fact that the majority of republican voting states, still use the 'slave driving, good 'ole boy network' that was prevalent 140 years ago. its the backwords attitude that to keep one's self up, you gotta keep someone else down, and make sure to hook up all your buddies in the process. its just old, wrong thinking. but obviously, the republican party has embraced that section of the vote, and has made their directive clear. we will stay rich, and keep the poor, poor. and give all the billion dollar contract to all our old business partners. *pat on the back here*pat on the back there* everyones happy.."

Man....I've tried very hard to cease posting on this thread (mostly to save my own sanity), but I have to chime in after these comments. I don't even know where to start. You guys talk about stereotypes and labels like they're the primary weapons of conservatives and then you go ahead and unleash a line of offensive crap like this?

I have said on numerous occasions that I used to live in the North and used to be a bleeding heart liberal (not a label, a reality). I used to hold the highest disdain for the South based upon stereotypes of hooded toothless wonders trying to keep us in the dark ages. Then, in a purposeful attempt to insert myself into something completely out of the box, I went to grad school in Nashville, the epicenter of the South in my mind.

The problem w/ stereotypes is that they are rarely indicative of reality. They have some basis either in isolated instances or in history, but they're rarely completely accurate. This is what I found when I got down here. Yes, I found a more religious-based mentality, which I have never gotten fully used to. But, what I didn't find is metropolitan areas rampant w/ gun-toting Jethros blazing up the crosses and terrorizing the blacks. Yes, there are your fair share of red-necks, but no more than the bubbas up North. It's all a bunch of insensitive hype created by hateful and ignorant people who are so damn idealistic that they lack a solid grasp on reality.

You (and I in the past) hold Liberals up on this elite pedestal from which you look down on the ignorant church-going evil conservatives. The problem is that you are the ones being ignorant and close-minded. Has it occured to you that your party isn't comprised of fully educated "enlightened" people? Has it occured to you that a significant portion of your base are uneducated (maybe poor) people that don't give a crap about the issues, except for what the government is going to give them?...what they are entitled to? Your boy Kerry is the pinnacle of this ignorance and condescension and it bit him in the a$$. He sat up in his multi-million dollar personal jet and tried to act like he represented the common man and it didn't sell, except to those sheep who heard only "blah blah blah money for me blah blah blah keeping me down blah blah blah evil conservatives blah blah blah money for me".

My suggestion is that you might want to do a little soul-searching about this election and what it means to you and your party. If anything, this election has proven that the average Joe worker isn't going to bite on this class warfare drivel. Your party will have to reevaluate it's view of the "average middle-class worker" if it's ever going to get a grip on sub-urban and rural America....or even urban America. This type of rhetoric is not going to cut it.