"I think that we are indeed in the middle of world war with us on one side and radical Islam on the other. This is not a war of religion for us; it’s a war for survival. I think that we have forgotten the horror of 9/11, which is understandable, to an extent. We are so wrapped up in our own little worlds to pay attention to the bigger picture…However, the terrorists are still out there planning ways to kill YOU. No matter what we do, they want us dead. 9/11 was a wake-up call, but it didn’t last long enough. We’ve settled right back into our normal day-to-day life and lost sight of the underlying fact that the adversary in this situation does not forget, does not get back to normal life, does not have a change of heart. He wants us dead no matter what. The next time we hear from them on American soil, it might be when they vaporize 10 million people with a nuclear device. That day is coming…mark my words. This fact alone should keep you up at night. So, when you are standing at that ballot box, keep this in mind. We need strong leadership right now that is willing to speak in their language. George W Bush might be a moron to some degree, but he is the one that scares our enemies, not John Kerry. "

You are correct we are at war with radical islam. But how exactly do you propose we fight this war? With bullets and bombs? With harsh words and forceful politics? That doesn't sound like good foreign policy to me.
What George Bush proposes is to beat radical islam into submission until they no longer believe it is in their best interests to fight and die for what they believe.

Since these people are willing to die for what they believe how is that killing them will eliminate their conviction to fight?

Granted, we can kill their leaders and partly remove institutions that foster these terrorists groups and the ideas that form them, but the problem and the anti-american sentiment will still be there. Others will take their place. Others will die in their place. Others will take up the cause.

It is perposteruous to me to think that you can kill an idea with bullets and bombs and that is exactly what GWBush is planning on. Think Braveheart. Think Israel and Northern Ireland.

The way to solve the 'terrorist' problem is to first figure out why the [censored] they are so pissed off in the first place. Can anyone honestly say why they are pissed off? I have seen my dateline and CNN specials, but what have we really learned about them. According to dateline they feel we have invaded their culture. And we have insulted their god. And a number of other things.

But thats Bullshit. It is a multitude of issues that we have yet to work out. Once we figure out the economics, politics, and religious problem they have with us can we solve our differences.

And when we do figure out the problem, we can figure out the solution. It seems to me that we know they want to kill us, and that we must stop them from killing us.
George Bush says this crap is the problem and that he is solving it by going to war with iraq. That isn't the problem. That is the result of radical Islamic problem that already exists.

We need a leader NOT like George Bush who understands that the hearts and minds of Islam will NOT be won over with bullets and bombs.

It is so unbearably frusterating to think that we have a president who says he is trying to win a war with Islam while completely ignoring Islam. Instead he concentrates on Iraq which contrary to Fox's "Cheney said so" approach, was not a part of radical Islams attack on America.

What is also frusterating is that former 'non-radicalists' of Islam are becoming more and more radical thinks to George Bush. George Bush is the cause of problems by completely ignoring Islam.

We went into Iraq without any regard for others, and now that Iraq is a junk hole, we look to others for help. If you put yourself in their shoes, it is hard to imagine they have any sympathy for us anymore.

America was in a great position to change the world after 9-11. We had the hearts of people all over the world with us and the momentum after Afgahnistan to change a lot. Instead we [censored] it up and went to Iraq.

George Bush [censored] my generation. Period

Once You Pop You Can't Stop