I would have to agree with 2x6 that the war against the terrorists is the dominant issue, and rightly so. Bush supporters would also cite NCLB and the Medicare prescription drug benefit as key pieces of legislation (though I'm not crazy about those programs ) that do not involve the war. IMO, what particularly qualifies Bush ahead of Kerry is, a) he has been President for 4 years already, b) he's done a great job in difficult times, and c) you know where he stands on the issues. (perfect example of Kerry double speak was his answer to the question on immigration last night - something in there for everyone to like!).

They've labeled Bush as a divider and not a uniter, but it seems to me that the dividing has been done by Bush-detractors, mainly the media, Hollywood types and key Democrats. Post 9-11 and post-Afghanistan his job approval ratings were sky high. What happened? What did Bush do to turn so much hatred upon himself?

You say "Iraq", lies about WMD, rush to war, blah, blah, blah. We've been talking about that stuff for 100 pages. Not fooling me. IMO, we have an honest man as President who is doing his very best for the country, who has not lied to the American people, and who has NOT made a mistake in toppling Saddam's regime and attempting to change the political climate of the Middle East. Why would I want to change leaders now? What message does that send to our enemies, "We are weak and conflicted. Do your worst and we'll bluster for a while but eventually turn on ourselves and quit."?

I asked you guys a while back to tell me something good about Kerry post-Vietnam, but nobody had anything to say. I ain't trying to be a smart-ass, but this guy could be President and I would like to have SOME reason to like him.